Many couples have made their marriage vows to each other and to God at Emanuel since the congregation first organized in 1855. The following guidelines have been established regarding weddings at Emanuel.
- Both members of our congregation and non-members without a church home may be married at Emanuel.
- If you have a church home we encourage you to plan your wedding ceremony where you attend regularly for worship.
- Pastor Lindloff and/or Pastor Voss are happy to meet with those who do not have a church home. The nature of this meeting would be to discuss what God’s Word says about marriage being built on Jesus, to ask you about your worship life, to briefly tell you what Emanuel congregation believes, teaches and confesses and most importantly encourage you in these things. If you are interested in such a meeting please contact Pastor Lindloff or Pastor Voss.
- Our congregation does not “rent” its sanctuary for weddings. All guest pastors and musicians must be WELS (Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod).
- No date will be officially reserved until a couple has met with one of Emanuel’s pastors, a Wedding Reservation Form has been received by the church office and the required wedding deposit has been paid. Please do not submit a form until you have met with a pastor.
- Our gymnasium with kitchen facilities and our multi-purpose room 9 have hosted many receptions. Please contact the church office, 485-4118 for information regarding availability and usage rates.